Location: Lisbon or Ericeira, Portugal
Employment Type: 40hours/week
Contact: Guilherme Beleza Vaz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: April 30, 2022
blueOASIS is a Portuguese R&D company that fosters the development of ground-breaking Offshore Renewable Energy, Ocean Cleaning and Clean Maritime solutions, using modern Industry 4.0 approaches, such as Data Science, Numerical Modelling, Potential and Viscous Flow (CFD), High-Performance Computing and Artificial Intelligence tools. It is formed by a young multicultural team with more than 50 years of gathered knowledge and experience on Aerospace, Mechanical, Naval, Maritime Engineering and Environmental Impact issues. blueOASIS cooperates tightly with major universities and research institutes in Europe. Their tools, programming, CFD, AI skills and HPC knowledge/facilities makes them an asset for any Ocean Sustainability project, and a unique company in Portugal.
Due to newly acquired large Renewable Energy research projects, blueOASIS team must grow. Therefore, we are looking for talented, hardworking, highly computer skilled researcher with a PhD degree related to Aerodynamics, Hydrodynamics, Mechanics, or Computer Science. At blueOASIS we perform complex investigations, couple tools, program new methods, that are leading-edge and beyond the state-of-the-art. Also, we are involved in several EU and PT R&D projects where new solutions for old problems must be found. Therefore, a research mindset is crucial. The candidate is supposed to work at blueOASIS offices in Ericeira or Lisbon, according to his/her preferences and project needs. Nevertheless, we are a hybrid-working promoting company. The candidate must start before June 2022.
What do we expect from you?
The following requirements are expected:
- Aerospace or Mechanical or Naval/Ocean Engineer preferably (but others are welcome).
- PhD with thesis on a topic related to any blueOASIS relevant topics (see www.blueoasis.pt).
- Knowledge of Linux, CFD development, AI/ML/DL, Rhino, Python, Fortran, C/C++, Visualization, HPC skills. 6 out of these 9 skills are needed.
- Experience with ReFRESCO/OpenFOAM/Open-source CFD, CFD commercial codes, Tecplot/Paraview, as a user is also important.
- Knowledge of GitHub, Git, containerization is a plus.
What do we offer?
The following remuneration benefits are considered:
- 14x salaries.
- Salary range of 2000-3000 Euro gross, depending on experience and skills.
- Private health insurance.
- Food allowance.
- Flexible working hours.
- Hybrid (office & remotely) working.
- 28 days of vacation.
- International environment. English is blueOASIS working language and the team is multi-cultural (PT, FR, DE, BR, NL).
If you are in Ukraine and want to work at blueOASIS, we will pay you, and your family, the trip to Portugal, and will help with work permit and governmental formalities.
How should you apply?
To apply for this job please send to email@example.com the following:
- Your CV.
- Your university grades and PhD certificate.
- A 2-minute movie introducing you (in English), explaining who you are, what you want to achieve, why do you want this job and why Portugal, etc.